Making a egg protector with a few materials, that protects the egg when it thrown from a height 1 foot as well as 8 feet. It also protects the egg from getting wet when it is soaked in water for 30 seconds.
Step 1: Materials Used
- 2 popsicle sticks
- One 12” by 5” flat foam
- A few rubber bands
- Scotch tape
- A poster board
- One tissue paper
- 4 pipe cleaners
Step 2: Wrapping the Egg
- Cut the flat foam into a 12” by 5” sheet.
- Place the egg on one corner of the flat foam and roll it, such that the flat foam covers the egg.
- Once the foam wraps the egg, use rubber bands to hold the egg tight in place inside the flat foam.
Step 3: Making the Daisy Chain
- Take three rubber bands and tie them into a daisy chain knot
- Take two rubber bands first. Put the end of one rubber band into the other one.
- Take the other one through itself and pull it out. It now forms a knot.
- Do the same with the third rubber band and make it look like the one in the picture.
Step 4: Creating the Base
- Take two Popsicle sticks.
- Using the daisy chain knotted rubber bands, fix the egg to the two Popsicle sticks, such that the egg is raised a bit from the ground
Step 5: Creating the Carrier
- Build a box (needed size) using the poster board.
- Make 4 holes (2 on one side and 2 on the opposite side) such that the Popsicle sticks can go through them.
- Fix the Popsicle sticks with the egg inside the box in position.
Step 6: Making the Parachute
- Take 4 pipe cleaners of the same length.
- Tie each one to the end of a tissue paper to form a parachute
Step 7: Putting It All Together
- Make 4 holes in the box.
- Tie the ends of the pipe cleaners through the holes to the box.
- The egg carrier is now ready to be used.
Since the egg is placed at a height from the ground, throwing it does not crack the egg. The parachute slows the speed of the carrier.