Intro: Electromagnetic Spiderman Weblauncher
Part ONE of the webshooter how to.
We will soon upgrade it, make it more powerful, add the "web" :>
Step 1: Materials and Tools:
Bill of materials:
- some wire for all the electrical connections
- copper wire (make sure its coated, the red insulated stuff will work also though, just no BARE copper!)
- 1mm aluminum sheet (size depends on your wristband)
- wristband (from an old watch or just a leather strap, modified ladies belt)
- disposable camera board
- 2 momentary switches
- old CD case
- 5-10 caps from cameras OR 1 big capacitor 350V 800uF
- 4mm screw aka projectile (make it around 10mm long, the coil 15mm long)
- LOT of patience and common sense !
- drill (dremel will do)
- handsaw / jigsaw
- soldering iron
- hot glue gun + sticks
- sharp knife
Step 2: The How-to-video Guide:
BE CAREFUL! Its high voltage!! Never touch anything with both hands, when you tested the circuit!
The charge can kill you or hurt you. Always short the caps with a "heavy" screwdriver or something.
Yog1Girl made it!