I found myself with dozens of capacitors and resistors of different shapes and colors and decided to turn them into jewelry. Produce your own completely unique pieces of jewelry and show them off!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Collect Your Materials
- Resistors, capacitors or other electronic components
- Silver plated earring hooks
- Soldering iron
- Soldering helping hand
- I recommend Mouser to buy online or HSC Halted if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and can drive to their warehouse
Step 2: Solder Together Your Jewelry
- Secure the earring hooks in the soldering helping hands.
- On your component, using a cutter to move one end of the wire. (Alternatively, you can wrap the two wires around one another if they're not on opposite ends of a component. Depending on the components you have, you'll need to get creative at this step).
- On your component, with the remaining wire, wrap it through the earring hook
- Solder the wire loop to itself (and not to the earring hook). This will allow for it to dangle and not lie stiff.
- Put them on and enjoy!