Introduction: Emergency Solar Eclipse Viewer
It's just a few hours before Total Solar Eclipse 2017. Some people might not prepare but don't want to miss this event. So this instructables is a solution!!!
This is Emergency Solar Eclipse Viewer. It's very easy to make with simple materials and few minutes process. It's quite small and easy to use so you can make it for your children and let them enjoy viewing eclipse by themselves (Don't forget to remind them that looking direct to The Sun is forbidden!!!!!)
I hope everyone have nice experience with this event.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- Toilet paper tube
- Small needle
- Elastic band
- Sheet of white paper
- Aluminum foil
Step 2: Make Viewer
Cut one end of the toilet paper tube.
Step 3: Prepare Pin Hole Side
- Wrap aluminium foil at the other end of the toilet paper tube.
- Make it as tight as possible.
- Pull the aluminium foil out.
- Cut the aluminium foil into a cylinder with approximately 2 cm height.
- Make a tiniest hole as possible in the center. (smaller hole, better image quality)
- Put it back and secure with an elastic band.
Step 4: Make Screen
- Draw a circle as big as the size of the toilet paper tube.
- Draw 3 tiny squares along the circumference.
- Cut it out.
Step 5: Assembly
Attach the screen to the other end of the toilet paper tube with tape.
Step 6: How to Use
Point the pin hole end towards the sun until you can see the sun on the screen.
Step 7: One More Things...
I hope you will enjoy viewing Total Solar Eclipse 2017
- Thank you to my sister who helped me writing these instructions in English.
- Thank you for visiting.
If you like this project, please vote me : ) and don't forget to follow my Youtube Channel and my instructables.
Runner Up in the
Solar Contest 2017