Intro: Event Information at Gmail Via Bolt and Proximity Sensor
This project requires The BOLT and the Proximity sensor.Here are the steps of connecting the gmail account with IFTTT:
Step 1: Create New Account
- I opened the site ifttt.com and created a new account. If anyone already have an account that can also be used.
Step 2: Creating New Applet
- After logging into the account go to My Applets.
- Click on New Applet
Step 3: Click on "this"
Step 4: Choose a Service
- Search for maker
- Click on Maker Webhooks.
Step 5: Choose a Trigger
Next step is to choose the trigger which will be fired when the event will occur.
- Click on "Receive a web request area" shown in picture
Step 6: Complete Trigger Field
- Give the name of the event. I have given it as "Bolt_event".
- Click on "Create trigger".
Step 7: Creating "that" Part
Now, our trigger part is ready. We have to set the action part which will inform us about the event.
- Click on "that".
Step 8: Choose Action Service
- Any online services eg. Facebook, twitter etc. can be choosen. I have choosen "gmail service".
Step 9: Choose the Appropriate
- I have choosen the red marked option. So, whenever a trigger will be fired I will get a mail on my gmail account.
Step 10: Click on "Create Action"
Step 11: Click on "Finish"
After clicking on finish our Applet will be ready to serve.
Step 12: Checking the Applet
- Now to check whether the Applet is running correctly we have to go to "Maker Webhooker".
- There we will find "Documentation" option. Click on that.
- After clicking we will be redirected to the page as the picture.
- Click on "Test it"
Step 13: Checked
This will send me an email. That means it is working correctly.
Step 14: Writting Html Code
- The next step is to write the code which I have to upload on BOLT.
- The code is as given in the picture.
- I have saved this file as index.htm
Step 15: Setting Up BOLT and Connection
- After power on the BOLT, when it becomes stable, I have connected the Proximity sensor as follows:
- VCC to 5 Volt pin
- GND to GND pin
- Output pin to GPIO-4
- After BOLT is connected to local area network, I have connected my laptop with same local area network and typed the BOLT_IP_ADDRESS and the default page opened.
- Then I typed BOLT_IP_ADDRESS/DEVELOPER and uploaded the index.htm file
- Then I restarted the BOLT.
Step 16: Filling Form
- I got the output as in the picture.
- In the first inbox I have put the key that I got from IFTTT.
- In the second inbox I have given value 4 as the output pin is connected to GPIO-4 pin.
- In the third inbox I have given value high. It will trigger an event when there will be any obstacle infront of the sensor.
- In the forth inbox I have given value 1 to enable the IFTTT.
- After filling I clicked the submit button.
Step 17: Output
- Now after clicking submit button my device is ready to respond. When I take my hand over the sensor I get a mail.