Intro: Exploding Snap Deck
This was an exclusive item included in my 20k Giveaway box! Now that the box has been received and opened by the winner, I give you a full deck of Exploding Snap! The design for this is a completely original design by me - no reference except for the idea of Exploding Snap as a card game. I decided to go with a sort of divination theme since you almost need to look into the future to see the next card that will be played. I also gave the cards a burned look as if they had already been used, exploded, and caught fire.
- Paper Cutter - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HVQH8/ref=...
- Cutting Mat - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HVQH8/ref=...
- X-Acto Knife – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HVQH8/ref=...
- Metal Ruler – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HVQH8/ref=...
- Card Stock – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HVQH8/ref=...
- Sticker Paper – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HVQH8/ref=...
- Glue Stick - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HVQH8/ref=...
- Corner Rounder - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HVQH8/ref=...
Now just download the free templates below and let's get started!
YOU MAY *NOT* USE THESE TEMPLATES FOR PROFIT
Step 1: Video Tutorial
Step 2: Printing and Cutting the Cards
Print all the cards, double-sided, on card stock. I recommend at least 110 lb card stock. Use the same paper for the box, single-sided - then print the sticker sheet on sticker paper, also single-sided.
Now you're ready to cut out the cards. I've included a cut guide that can be printed on plain paper. I used this to help me measure where my cuts would need to be. You can either use a ruler and x-acto knife or, like me, a paper cutter.
Once you have all the cards cut out, I suggest going through them one-by-one to make sure there isn't any white around the edges. If there is, trim it off.
Now you'll need to go through them one-by-one again and round the corners with a corner rounder.
Step 3: Assembling the Box and Sticker
Cut the box out as best as you can. I used a ruler and x-acto knife to cut all the straight edges and then used scissors to cut along the rounded and curved edges.
You'll want to fold and glue the box together next. As this would be very difficult to convey with just text on a page, you can use the images and video for reference for this part.
When the box is finished you can put your cards inside of it. As a finishing touch you can also seal it with a sticker like a real deck of cards would be. Just cut out one of the stickers you printed, round the corners with your corner rounder, and stick it on the top/back side of the box where the top flap folds in (see images).
Step 4: How to Play
The rules to my version of Exploding Snap are pretty much the same as traditional Snap, but with an explosive twist.
- Shuffle the cards and deal each player an even pile of cards and place one card face up in the middle of the table.
- Players leave their cards face down and should not look at any of them before they are played.
- In a counter-clockwise direction, each player plays a card face up on top of the center card/pile.
- If two of the same symbol is played in a row, the first person to slap the stack (or tap it with their wand) and say "Snap" gets to keep the pile.
- If one of the explosion cards is played the entire pile "explodes" and is removed from the game.
- If a player plays a card on top of an explosion card by mistake, that player looses all of the cards they have won so far.
- When all cards have been played, each player counts how many cards they have won. The player with the most cards wins the game.
Step 5: You're Finished!
That's it! You're all done!
Please let me know what you think and share your creations in the comments below! Thanks for viewing!
LOVE MUGGLE MAGIC?
Show your support on Patreon and get access to exclusive giveaways and downloads!
kaleidoskopicromance made it!