In this instructable I will show you how to get clean, purified water easily for free from any liquids/plants in survival situations.
The process works by having a small empty cup/box like container inside a large cup/box-like container with a piece of nylon/plastic bag sealing the top of both (one piece). A rock or some other kind of weight is then placed on top of the center of the cover to form a slope. The containers are then placed outside in a sunny area, and the water from the large container evaporates, leaving the dirt and other pollutants on the container. The water vapor then condenses on the cover to form 100% pure water drops that slowly go down the slope and drop into the smaller container.
Step 1: Choosing Your Containers
Here's what you will need for this project:
1. A large container with a flat bottom (the darker the color the quicker the process will take)
2. A smaller container with a flat bottom (it's better to use a clear container for this one)
3. A piece of clear flexible plastic (Best to use a plastic wrap)
4. Some kind of a weight (A rock works great)
Step 2: Putting Everything Together
1. Take the small container and put it in the large one.
2. Put your dirty water/plants/urine in the large container WITHOUT IT GETTING INSIDE THE SMALLER CONTAINER.
3. Completely seal the top of the large container with the piece of plastic. Use tape if necessary. You don't want the vapor to exit the container so make sure it is sealed.
4. Take the weight and put it on the center of the cover. You can carefully push on it to steepen the slope.
Step 3: Start Purifying...
For this demonstration used water with yellow food coloring (I should've probably used blue instead).
To start the process carefully take your container and place it outside (in a sunny spot).
In about an hour you will start seeing drops of water form on the cover. If the slope of the cover isn't steep enough, you can carefully tap on the drops to make them slide inwards and then drop into the smaller container.
This process may not be very quick, but it provides 100% clean water. It also extracts water from organic compounds such as plants or even wet soil.
Step 4: Summary
This is a great easy way to purify and extract water. It can be used in nature and in other survival situations as it is very simple to do and requires very little components.
I've included a photo I took yesterday of the supermoon (once in 30 years!) with my telescope.
Hope y'all enjoy!
(I'm 14 so no criticism please)