Here is a easy way to make a coffee extract better than you can buy.
Step 1: Ingredients
If you follow these instructions you should yield 8 oz (226g) of high octane coffee extract.
2 oz. (57g) Invert Sugar (see my instructables @ https://m.instructables.com/id/Invert-Sugar/).
16 oz. (454g) Extra fine granulated sugar.
8 oz. (227g) Distilled boiling water. (Filtered water is okay).
4 oz. (114g) Ground Espresso coffee.
1 split Vanilla bean.
Step 2: Make It
1. In a small saucepan bring the invert sugar to a boil over medium heat.
2. In small increments add the extra fine granulated sugar. Mix together using a wooden spoon until melted together. Repeat until all the granulated sugar is melted together with the invert sugar. Stir until golden brown.
3. Deglaze the mixture with the boiling water (basically pour the boiling water into the mixture and proceed. you can Google for the true def.), add the Espresso grounds and vanilla bean and return to a boil.
4. Remove from heat. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 24 hours.
5. After the 24 hr rest, strain the mix through cheesecloth.
Participated in the
SHOE0007 made it!