Introduction: Extremely Durable Homemade Fuse
This is a homemade fuse that is very durable and won't break if you flex it or try to tear it apart.
1) Cement for plastic models. I used Testors
2) thin cotton string (use your judgment and don't make buy string too thin)
3) something big and smooth that you don't mind getting dirty like a latex glove or piece of paper
Step 1: Making It
1) Take the string and put a line of glue down the length of it. Wait a few seconds until it turns kind of pasty and add another line of glue down it.
2) Once you have a substantial bit of glue down it, take the paper or glove and rub the string smooth. Once the fibers are saturated and smoothed, your fuse is done
Step 2: Finishing
Let the string dry. When it is done, it should be smooth yet hard and should be able to stick out straight like the picture. Wait about half an hour before you use it just to make sure its dry.
Note: DO NOT mix match and cap gun powder together with plastic glue. A few days before I made this instructable I cut this mixture with scissors when it was dry and the explosion hurt my fingers so badly they hardly move even after three days. Also the doctor said my hearing was damaged for life.
I couldn't light the fuse 'cause my parents banned me from fire