Intro: FAKE ACCESS PANEL
I wanted a fake access panel for my futuristic door i made. so here it is.
1. 1 piece of white plexiglass 12x20
2. 1 piece of clear plexiglass 12x20
3. 1 piece 1/4" plywood
4 1 piece of 1x1 1/4" 6'
5. led lights that suit your build.
6. alum. tape
7. wood screws
8. solder, heat shrink, tape, wire, 12v plug
1. screw gun
2. drill and bits
3. i used a bandsaw to cut my plexiglass
4. wire strippers solder gun
- WATCH THE VIDEO - WATCH THE VIDEO - WATCH THE VIDEO -
i found this hand photo on the internet and changed it a bit to suit my build, then printed it on photo paper.. i then made a 1x frame a little bigger then a sheet of paper. i made a back out of 1x4 ply wood. i cover everything in the box with alum. tape in hopes to make it brighter.
i mounted led lights where i wanted them to light up. some were not bright enough so i drilled and cut the white plexiglass. i then stacked the white plexiglass, the photo, clear plexiglass, and drilled the corners and screwed them together.
i then hooked them in to the garage door opener so as they will light up when the door is in use.
thanks for looking at my instructable