Introduction: FPV Smartphone Monitor
this is a short and simple instructable on how to convert your Android smartphone into a FPV monitor. You will need
- Android Smartphone, I used a Samsung Galaxy Edge S6
- FPViewer, you can get it for free in the Playstore
- FPV receiver and battery to power it
- OTG Micro To USB Adapter (beware, not all smartphone are OTG compatible)
- USB Video Capture Adapter - you can get it here or here
The app also allows you to record your FPV video signal as a mp4 file!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Insert the OTG Adapter Into the USB Video Adapter
Step 2: Insert the Video Adapter Into the Micro USB Port of Your Smartphone
Step 3: Connect the USB Video Adapter to the FPV Receiver
- You can either use the composite video cable (yellow plug) or the s-video cable (black plug) for the video signal.
- The red and the white plugs are used for the stereo audio signal.
- Connect the battery to the FPV receiver.
- Ensure that the FPV receiver uses the same frequency as the FPV transmitter.
Step 4: Open the FPViewer App and Connect
- Download the app.
- Open the app and connect.
- The video signal is now on your smartphone screen. You can choose between fullscreen or virtual reality goggle mode (2 screens). You can record the video signal.