The Acer G247HYL monitor does not have VESA mounting capability, so I figured out an easy way to use a VESA mount with the existing hardware. You won't need any additional components, just your VESA mount and your monitor stand. I chose this VESA mount from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O1UYHG.
- Phillips screwdriver
- Dykes or needle nose plyers to bend the metal tabs on the mount attachment.
- 1/8" metal drill bit
This may work with other Acer monitors. If you found this useful and feel like donating to future hacks: PayPal email@example.com
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Take the Intermediate Part of the Monitor Stand Apart and Bend the Stop Tabs Out
- Remove the middle bracket that attaches the monitor to the base stand.
- Remove the small metal plate from the bottom of the intermediate stand.
- Remove the two screws inside the monitor bracket that hold the metal part of the bracket that attaches to your monitor. Keep these screws, you will need them on the next step.
- Bend the small black tabs on the outside of the pivot so that it can pivot 180º
Step 2: Drill a Hole in the VESA Mount Plate to Mount the Monitor Attachment.
- Place the monitor attachment piece on the front of the VESA plate, center top or bottom depending on your mounting requirements.
- Make sure the prongs that go in the monitor are pointing up.
- Scratch a tiny hole in the paint aligned with one of the screw holes on the attachment with an awl.
- Use a 1/8" drill bit and drill the hole.
- Use one of the screws you removed earlier and securely fasten the attachment to the VESA mount and level, then securely tighten it.
- Use your awl and scratch in the second hole so that you can drill in the center, be careful as there isn't much tolerance.
- Loosen the screw and twist the mount out of the way so you can drill the second hole.
- Once the hole is drilled, align the hole and put the other screw in and tighten.
- Tighten both sides securely, lock tite might be a good idea depending on how much you will move your monitors.
- That's it! Congrats, a FREE VESA mount adapter! You just saved $25, go buy yourself a beverage!