This is the finished bracelet.
I apparently laced the buckle wrong, and didn't size it properly. I had my jig set up for about 9.25 inches(My wrist it's 8.5) and it ended up being extremely tight on the smallest section of my wrist. Other than that it turned out nicely lol.
What it has;
-The buckle has the fire starter built into it. Ordered those on eBay. They were about $6 a piece.
- No kindling(jute/yute) in this one.
- Roughly 14 feet of paracord.
- Between 33 and 34 feet of 6lb. fishing line. I plan on using stronger line in a future bracelet.
- 2 Fly Hooks. I think they were size 16. Again I plan in upgrading their size also.
- 4 strand core and to get more cord into the bracelet. This does not include the outer 2 strands used when weaving the paracord hack and forth.
Why do I post this? Simple. Imagine how many projects have been attempted before finally achieving the desired result. You only see the desired result. And if one of my projects, failed or achieved, gives just 1 person a spur of inspiration for a new project, then it's a win either way.
I will be attempting this bracelet again sometime soon, and will give as much as possible a detailed instructable on it. I'll post a link here when it is completed.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
1 Person Made This Project!
dalepgray made it!