Intro: Fallout: New Vegas Ranger Armor Costume
I've been inactive for some time, and so here is my new project i've worked on it.
For everybody that played Fallout: New Vegas, this is the Actual In-game Ranger Combat Armor.
Sorry if this is just a slideshow, i don't have that much WIP pictures (work in progress), but if you guys want that i do a tutorial, feel free to ask and i will do my possible!
I used the following things to do it:
For the helmet: - M1 helmet liner (old us army)
- Fiberglass resin ( fiberglass cloth to reinforce the inside)
- Bodyfiller (Bondo)
- Gray and White Spray Paint
- Red Duotang for lenses, rubber pipe, 90 degree metal elbow
For the Armor: - EVA Foam ( Children mat that you can put together by pieces)
- Gray paint ( if your foam is gray, no need)
- White Paint (for the decals)
- For the straps to attach it to you, use a belt, 2 elastic straps and 2 belt buckles (Look at the pictures)
- 2 belts
For the arms pads: - small foam pieces
- some tape to attach it ( or anything else)
For the coat: - A brown Cowboy style duster ( or use a pattern like i did)
- White paint for decals
Also, i used that pepakura file made by Hugh to do the helmet: http://www.mediafire.com/?f3rldmn2bhfznr7
If any of you have a question, feel free to ask in the comment section and i will try my best to answer it!
Finalist in the
Halloween Photo Instructable Contest