Falooda is a very popular Summer dessert, with a heavenly combination of flavours and aromas. The best part about this scrumptiously delicious dessert is that you can eat and drink it at the same time.
I have made a few changes to the basic recipe, Instead of falooda noodles, I have used rice noodles and I have substituted thickened creamy milk with thin vanilla custard.
So try this recipe and enjoy multiple textures and flavours in a single dessert.
1) milk 1/2-litre
2) vanilla custard powder 1 tbsp
3) sugar to taste
4 )strawberry jelly 1 packet
5) rice noodles (cooked and drained) 4 tbsp
6) basil seeds 2 tbsp (soaked in 4 tbsp water)
7) vanilla ice cream as needed
8) rose syrup to taste
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Preparing the Ingredients
1) Prepare the custard. Leave to cool.
2) Prepare the jelly according to package directions. Ler set and cut into cubes. Keep aside.
3) Soak basil seeds in water.
4) Boil and drain the rice noodles, leave to cool.
Step 2: Layering the Ingredients
1) Take a dessert bowl or a tall glass for presenting the falooda. Pour 1-2 tbsp of rose syrup.
Add the basil seeds.
Add the noodles, 1 tbsp is enough for a single serving.
Pour the custard and add the jelly cubes.
Add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream and finally drizzle with some more rose syrup.
That's it falooda dessert is ready to serve. A perfect Summer drink cum dessert. Hope you like this recipe.
Participated in the
Summer Food and Drink Contest