Introduction: Fancy Cardboard Box
The box is made of thick board from package boxes, carry bags and greeting cards, which can also be replaced with any available materials like, for example, carry bag can be replaced with any plastic sheets or thick paper sheets and package box boards can be replaced with any thin plastic boards.
Let's see the step by step make-up of the box.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials & Tools Used
Card board from the electronic gadget package
Carry bag polythene material and greeting card
Step 2: Slicing the Card Board
The dimension used for the box is as follows:
19 cm x 3.2 cm (Length x Height) (2 Pieces)
19 cm x 5.5 cm (1 Piece)
5.5 cm x 3.2 cm (2 Pieces)
19.5 cm x 6 cm (2 Pieces)
19.5 cm x 3.5 cm (2 Pieces)
Referred as Set 1 and Set 2 card boards in the below steps
Step 3: Box and the Box Cover
The box should be made in two divisions and finally to be glued together
The box should be made of the boards listed in the Set 1 above and the Box cover with the Set 2
Step 4: Box
- Glue the card boards of the Set 1 into a box as shown in the image
- Next step is to cover the inner side of the box with a magazine paper and to cover the outer side with the greeting card.
- Paste the inner side of the box with the magazine paper or greeting card. Get the length wise dimension to cover the box fully and cut the edges as shown for the outside cover.
- To cover the outer side, get the dimension by folding the greeting card over the box and press the edges harder. Height wise, allow 2 cm extra for folding the card inside the box. For finishing the sides, cut the edges as shown in the picture.
- Apply glue and paste over the box
Step 5: Box Cover
- Place the card boards of set 2 over the carry bag
- Place them 2 mm apart each other
- Cut the carry bag cover for this dimension leaving 2 cm at the edges
- Apply glue over the polythene material and place the card board over the sheet
- Fold and paste the edges of the sheet
- The inner side of the box cover should be finished with a magazine paper. The paper should cover till the third card board piece
Step 6: Final Fix
Now fix the box in the box cover and attach the magnet.
The box is now ready for use