have you ever wanted to give your loved ones really fancy boxes for gifts instead of the same lame old wrapping paper? Here is an easy and very inexpensive way to make this a reality!!! follow me as I take you step by step on the way to making a super fancy gift box out of your old favorite shirt...
Step 1: Materials
1 old pin stripe shirt or any shirt you like.
1 box, any gift sized box will be good.
1 fancy ribbon
1 glue gun
1 good pair of scissors; cloth scissors work the best.
Step 2: Cut the Shirt
Cut a square from the shirt big enough to cover the top and sides of the box with a little space in the top for cushioning.
Step 3: Cover the Box
1. place the shirt on a flat surface and put the box top on it.
2. Glue the shirt to the box one side at a time, leaving one side open for stuffing
3. Flip the box top over and use some shirt scraps to stuff it and make the top fluffy.
4. Flip the box top back over and glue the last side of the shirt down.
Looks like your off to a pretty good start!!!
Step 4: Cut and Glue the Ribbon
1. Cut a piece of ribbon that will fit around the entire edge of the box
2. Take your time and slowly glue the ribbon around the sides of the box
Step 5: Get Creative
find something that the person your making the box for really likes and make it a part of the box. The person I made this box for really likes black roses so Im adding a single black rose right in the middle...
Step 6: Enjoy Giving Your New Box Away and Watching the Reaction You Get!!!
Everyone who sees the new box you made will be so impressed.
Find something nice like chocolates or jewelry to put in the box.
Its amazing what new life you can breathe into old things with a little imagination and inspiration...