I will show you step-by-step how to sew a zippered Hand purse.
- I have not decorated purse too much. if you want you can do it.
Step 1: Materials Needed
For this project, you will need…
1)Fabric: 2 colors.
2)2 Zippers: 7″ or longer.
3)Basic sewing supplies: machine, shears, etc.
6)Magnetic Button Clasp Snaps.
7)Ultra Firm Stabilizer (or)Thin Outer Book Cover.
9) 1 Rectangle Fiber of 13’’ tall × 8’’ wide.
Step 2: Cutting the Pieces
I have taken Blue and Dark pink colour cloth to make the hand purse.
You can select the cloth colours according to your wish.
Cutting the pieces:
(1) 14 Strip 17.5’’ tall × 1.7’’ wide (Blue Colour Fiber).
(2) 22 Strip 10’’ tall × 1.7’’ wide (Pink Colour Fiber).
Step 3: Stiching Fiber to Form Strips
1) Now previous cutted pieces are to be folded exactly half as shown in figure.
2) Folded pieces are Stiching Using Sewing machine.
3) Reverse the strip with help of pen refill (as shown in images above)to hide the stichings.
4)Now iron all the Strips.
Step 4: Stitching Strips on Rectangle Fiber
1) 1 Rectangle Fiber of 13’’ tall × 8’’ wide
2) Place blue strips on (wide side) rectangle fibre one after other and stitch it. Followed by stitching pink strips on (tall side ) rectangle fiber. (see images to get better understanding)
Step 5: Creating Design
Please follow this step by step procedure as as shown in the images above.
After after creating the design rectangle fibre is stitch on all sides.
Excess stripes as to be removed.
Step 6: Providing Zipper
Put the zipper teeth side down with the pull tab on the RIGHT.
Now open your zipper about halfway, don’t forget this!
Place into your sewing machine and stitch together with a 1/2″ seam allowance. Leave a small opening along the bottom lining edge.
We need Two of this.
Step 7: Sew Two Zip Pockets Together
1)sew two zipper pockets with fibre cloth.
2)Above images are the step by step procedure of joining two zipper pocket.
Step 8: Place Ultra Firm Stabilizer in Rectangle Fiber
We need three rectangular thin cardboard (or) book cover
Cutting the pieces:
1)1st carboard 3.5’’ tall × 7’’ wide
2)2nd carboard 3.5’’ tall × 7’’ wide
3)3rd carboard 2’’ tall × 7’’ wide
place for carboard one by one into the rectangular fibre as shown in a above images. Now stitching all sides of rectangular fibre to fix the cardboard inside.
Step 9: Sew With Velvet Cloth
1)sew the 2 zipper pocket both sides inside the rectangular Fibe with sewing machine.
2)sew the all sides of purse with the velvet cloth go get good look.
Step 10: Fix Magnetic Button Clasp Snaps
Before placing the magnets on Purse make sure that magnets are are at right place.
while folding both are magnets has to be attached with each other.