Step 1: Check Out My Quick Video Tutorial!
In this video I show you how I made my Fanny Pack from some old denim.
Along with the video you can follow the (easy) steps below :-)
Step 2: Cut Out the Fabric
- Get your materials.
- Draw the shape of the pack to the jeans. (it depends a bit on the size you like to have. I used my zipper as a reference, 46cm wide).
- Cut it out.
Step 3: Place the Zipper
- Draw a line at the place where you would like to have the zipper.
- Cut the line, so you have 2 pieces now.
- Sew back together the 2 pieces, this is just a temporary stitch, we will open it up later when the zipper is installed.
- Fold down the seam so the surface is flat
- Place the zipper in the middle of the seam
- Sew the zipper in place
- Open up the temporary stitch (I used a seam ripper)
Now your zipper is ready.
Step 4: Close the Pack
- Close the pack by sewing the open seam
- Turn the pack the right side out.
Step 5: Make the Straps
- Cut out 2 strips, about 6 cm or 2,5 inch wide. (so the result after sewing will be about 2,5 cm or 1")
- Sew 2 tunnels (inside out)
- turn the right side out
- Sew them onto the sides of the pack
- Attach the buckles
Step 6: Done
Done, and ready to wear.
Thank you for checking out my Instructable ;-)
Please also check out my youtube channel