This Instructable will show you a fast & easy way to clean coins.
- Dirty coins
- Electric Oscillating toothbrush
- Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
- Lemon juice or white vinegar (optional for soaking)
- Plastic container - large enough for all coins (optional for soaking)
- small plastic container - to hold the baking soda
- Paper towel or cloth (for drying)
Step 1: Soak Dirty Coins
This step is optional but does help in making it easier to remove the dirt / grime.
- Place dirty coins in plastic container
- Pour lemon juice (or white vinegar) into container just enough to cover the top of the coins
- Let soak for ~1 hr swirling solution every 15 minutes
Step 2: Scrubbing Dirty Coins
- Remove coins from soaking solution
- Pour some baking soda into the small plastic container
- Wet the tip of the electronic toothbrush and dip into the baking soda, so there is a paste consistency on the toothbrush head.
- Hold a coin between your fingers & turn on the toothbrush to clean each coin using the fast oscillations of the electronic toothbrush.
- Rinse off the coins & place on paper towel (or cloth) to dry
- Repeat 3 - 5 as needed for each coin.
This is an entry in the
First Time Author