If you haven't heard of fat bombs you are probably wondering what they are! Fat bombs are a high-fat, low carb, low sugar snack to keep you satisfied between meals. They can be sweet or savory and are often eaten by those following Keto or Paleo diets. I mainly eat fat bombs because they are delicious and filling...plus I love to snack!
They consist of three main ingredients: a fat base (coconut oil, butter, cream cheese); a flavoring (spices, cocoa powder, extracts); and some sort of mix-in (nuts, seeds, etc.). There are infinite combinations and all that I have made and tried are delicious! This recipe is a very easy one to make and your taste buds will be delighted when they experience the fat bomb! :)
Step 1: Fat Bomb Recipe
Recipe for Fat Bombs
4 ounces quality 85% dark chocolate (for Keto, choose chocolate sweetened with stevia or erythritol)
3 tablespoons butter (preferably grass-fed)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnut butter (for recipe see https://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Walnut-Butter/)
In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt chocolate, butter and coconut oil until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and walnut butter making sure no lumps remain. (If you don't have walnut butter you can substitute almond, cashew, or peanut butter.)
Set aside and let cool slightly.
Step 2: Pour Fat Bomb Mixture and Refrigerate
- Grease a 5x5 glass pan (or similar size) and line with parchment paper.
- Grease parchment paper.
- Once the mixture has cooled slightly pour into prepared pan.
- Place in the refrigerator until solid. I left mine overnight but a few hours probably would have been good enough.
**If you have a silicone mold it makes this process much faster. After I started making these regularly I bought one and it was definitely worth the 4 bucks!
Step 3: Remove Fat Bombs and Cut
- Once the mixture has hardened cut along the non-parchment lined edges.
- Lift fat bombs from the pan and place on a cutting board.
- Using a very sharp knife cut into 16 equal squares. Keep refrigerated.
**Skip this step if you used a mold. Just keep them refrigerated and pop them out when you want a delightful snack.
Eat, enjoy and feel satisfied between meals!
skenneday made it!