Introduction: Feather Hair Pins
Feathers have become very stylish in the past few months. Hair extensions, earrings, necklaces and hair pins are the most common feather jewelry. The only problem is that the jewelry and hair extensions are rather expensive so I decided to see if I could create my own feather jewelry.
1) Metal hair pins (large or small, found at most stores)
2) Feathers ( you can usually find a large selection of feathers at fishing stores)
3) Jewelry wire or thin bendable wire (found at jewelry stores or art stores)
4) Jewelry glue or a strong super glue (found at jewelry stores or most general supply stores)
1) Make sure you have all the materials.
2) Lay the pin on a flat surface and gather some feathers together that you want on your pin. Squeeze glue onto the top part of the pin then press the feathers down onto the glue. If you want multiple layers of feathers an additional layer of glue may be necessary. I had about 4 or 5 different layers for the large pin below and 2 layers for the smaller pin.
3) For smaller pins you can wrap wire around the feather and the pin to add a nice detail to the jewelry as well as making the feathers more secure.
4) wait 20 min for the glue to completely dry.
5&6) Enjoy wearing the Hair pins!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.