Introduction: Fig, Prosciuttto, Mozzarella Pizza
An easy but flavorful pizza made with fig, prosciutto, and mozzarella with a two cheese sauce.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
Makes 2 Medium Pizzas
For Pizza Toppings:
2 Pre-made Pizza Crusts, if you are not making your own
1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
I package of prosciutto, shredded
5-6 Figs, sliced
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups warmed milk, save 1/4 cup to thin sauce if too thick
salt, pepper, nutmeg, to taste
2 oz Parmesan cheese, sliced or shredded
4 ounces Gruyere, shredded or sliced
Step 2: Prepare Sauce and Toppings
1. Slice mozzarella, prosciutto, and fig. Set aside.
2. Pre-heat oven.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Add flour and stir constantly, until it is combined and frothy.
5. Turn the heat to medium-high. Add a little bit of milk at a time, while whisking. The sauce will start to get thick. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes
*Don't worry if it doesn't; once the cheese is added, it will get very thick.
6. Reduce heat to a simmer and add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
7. Slowly add cheese and whisk until it is melted and smooth.
Step 3: Assemble the Pizza, Cooking
1. Your mozzarella, prosciutto and fig should already be prepared. If they aren't, slice them and make sure to keep stirring your sauce occasionally while it sits.
2. Add a generous amount of sauce to your pizza crusts. Make sure to spread it into all the corners.
3. Add the slices of mozzarella evenly.
4. Arrange the prosciutto over the mozzarella.
5. Add the figs. Keep in mind how the pizza will be sliced, so every piece can get a slice of fig.
7. Cook according to pizza crust package directions. You may want to add an extra 5 minutes, so the top will brown slightly.
Step 4: Enjoy Your Pizza!
Hopefully your pizza turned out delicious!
Check out more recipes on my website: www.ricas.kitchen
Runner Up in the