we are Simon, Kristof and flavie
for school we made a construction with fire.
the final concept is a lantern that sprays fire.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cut Basic Parts
- cut all the pieces from a 12mm MDF panel.
- cut with bandsaw or circular saw (where you are the most familiar with)
(see dimensions on technical drawing)
Step 2: Glue Parts
- glue the basic form
- Use wood glue and clamps
1st part underside
- 1st piece: 6 holes
- 2nd piece: Cutouts
- 3rd piece: cutouts
2nd part upside
- 1st piece: 1hole
- 2nd piece: 1 hole
- 3rd piece; 6 holes
check fitting of support feets.
Step 3: Making the Globe
- cut all the pieces ( see dimensions in document)
- glue ( wood glue) lower circle with four support pieces ( kwarter cirkel)
--> glue lower part to basic shape 2
- glue upper 2 parts ( into each other)
Step 4: Assembly Upper Part
Cut cane to length and attach (with screws) to circle.
- make joint in upper cane on both sides ( with bandsew) drill a holl
- take 2nd cane ( cut to length), screw to upper cane.
glue upper sphere to this cirkel ( sides).
Step 5: Make Transmission
- screw wheels to lower circle ( depends on type of wheels which screws are to be used,)
- put opper assembly in place.
- put screw through hole ( for fix place).
Step 6: Place Everything Together
put 6 bolts between basic 1 and 2 ( M10 with butterfly nut)
put support feets in place ( never glue this parts)
Step 7: Support Steps
cut pieces ( 3X each piece)
- glue parts ( see assembly )
- test system
Step 8: Make Baskets
- cut rectangle
- make incisions (from corner to 5cm of middle)
- fold baskets to middle
- put metal cirkel on top
- cut of extra material
- attach to top cane
Step 9: Make Operating System
- cut pieces (2x basic + small part)
- make holes in basic part
glue parts ( wood glue)
- put cane in
- attach to top
- secure inner tube (inside cane to outside cane, with a 90degre twist in)
Step 10: Finish + Test
- test system with steel wire
- put on fire and turn system on