This is a easy to make cheap fire starter that is safe and you should have everything you need at home. It will start a fire and last awhile. All you need is flour and lighter fluid, you can also use gas but I don't recommend it. If you get hurt its not on me...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Flour
What you will need:
2. Lighter Fluid
3. Zip Lock Bag
4. Cup, Plate, or something to put mix in.
1. First, get one cup of flour and put it in a zip lock bag.
Step 2: Fluid Mix
2. Add lighter fluid to the cup of flour until it is like cake batter or how you like it. (If a bigger amount is needed then add more of both.)
TIP: Move bag in your hands to mix, when mixing close bag and don't use a spoon.
Step 3: Pour & Dry
3. Now it's your choice on something, pour the mix in anything you want and let it dry. (I perfer a plastic cup.) It works best wet and right out of the cup, but is more portable dry. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry . (No longer then 5 minutes or it will not work without adding lighter fluid to the dry mix.)
TIP: You can put gunpowder in it, it will help to start the fire.
Step 4: Light It Up
4. Now pour it where you need it. Enjoy the heat and roast a wienie or two.
TIP: Roll over blackened mixture every 5 minutes or so to keep a good fire going.
TIP: This mixture can be used as a fire starter or a small fire by it self.