Introduction: FireBlinks Programmable RGB LED Shoes
• The DIY Light-Up fire blinks kicks are high top sneakers embedded with WS2812 Addressable LED with attiny85 Microcontroller.
• The LEDs are easily programmable and re-programmable for countless customizations of color can produce upto 16 million colour combinations
• DAZZLING COLORS IGNITE WHEN YOU WALK, STEP OR BOOGIE.
• PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS PROJECT IN COLORS OF RAINBOW CONTEST
Inspired by original project by adafruit industries - FIREWALKER NEOPIXLES SHOES https://learn.adafruit.com/firewalker-led-sneaker... and from blinky shoes- http://blinky.shoes/
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials!
- Attiny85 digispark development board. Link to buy-https://amzn.to/2t6Mr6A
- mp1584 Dc to dc step down module.
- Ws2812 addressable leds strip. link to buy-https://amzn.to/2lbnHXe
- Sneakers which i have used in this project is from united colors of benetton high top sneakers shoes).link to buy-https://amzn.to/2xQTGVH
- •9V BATTERY .link to buy-https://amzn.to/2xXXMeC
- • all purpose silicone (for making led strip covering).
Step 2: Wiring Connections!
• Make the circuit as shown in figure and fit the circuit in the shoes accordingly.
• Remember to adjust the regulator at 5v (ABOVE 5V CAN DAMAGE THE WS2812 LED STRIP.)
Step 3: ITS CODING TIME !
Micronucleus works a little different than an Arduino
The ATTiny85, is just that, TINY. It has only 8K of Flash memory and runs at a rate of 20Mhz. This is plenty of power for what we will do and plenty of power for hardware. BUT! When you compare it to the CPU of the computer you are on it is minuscule! Because of its small memory and slower processing power, we have a few limitations we need to account for. One of those limitations is that the USB software connection only runs on startup of the chip. The Brain Board ATTiny is pre-loaded with the Micronucleus Bootloader Tiny85 2.02. The bootloader allows us to connect the board to a computer via USB.
• Download and Install the Arduino IDE
We need to install the Arduino Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to connect to the Brain Board. IDE is just a fancy name for the software that will let you write our code and program the Brain Board. If this is the first time , don’t worry. It is as easy any app you have used before.
Configure Arduino IDE Configuration and Install Digistump Board Manager:
If you have not done so already, launch Arduino.
# Arduino on Windows go to FILE -> PREFERENCES
# Arduino on MAC go ARDUINO -> PREFERENCES
In the box labeled “Additional Boards Manager URLs” enter: http://digistump.com/package_digistump_index.json...
In the Arduino menu, go to TOOLS -> BOARD -> BOARD MANAGER
In the Boards Manger, type DIGISTUMP in the box
Click on the Digistump AVR Boards
Click on the Install button
When the install completes, click Close or OK.
See the animated GIF above to see the process.
Configure the Board Settings We know need to set the correct board.
Select the correct board. Select Tools -> Board -> Digispark (Default 16.5m.)
code given below download file rainow code.rar :)
Step 4: INSTALLING LED STRIP ON SHOES!
• Installing led strip is the one of the major task in this project and could take some time .
• step 1:Measure the diameter of the shoes
• step 2: cut the required length of led strips.
• step 3:Mark the position on shoes where it occurs bend while walking (As the strip is not designed to bend in that way, it can damage the led in long run).
• we had to solder individual led using single copper stranded wire as shown in figure .
• glue the led strip to the shoes with the help of silicone.or any flexible adhesive.
Step 5: TESTING!
Before covering led strips with silicone strips test the shoes for any king of bend and loose connection between soldered leds:)
Step 6: SILICONE COVERING FOR LED STRIPS !
• This step can be skip if you are using ws2812 led strip with waterproof covering.
By this led strip can be partially splash proof :) .
For making silicone strip we need all purpose silicone and cornflour
step 1-Add cornflour to a container and mix it with silicone ,kneed them together until they silicone loose its
sticky nature add more cornflour if required.
step 2 -After the mixing make thin layer of it ,allow it to dry for some time. then make strips out of it.
step 3- Attach the strips of silicone above the leds strip on the shoes and you are done :)
This step for making silicone covering strips is same as for making diy mobile silicone cover and silicone mold you can find many tutorial videos on youtube for this:)
Participated in the
Colors of the Rainbow Contest