A product made from sheet material.
Step 1: Getting Started
- Small drill bit and a 9 mm drill bit
- Dremel with cutting tool
- Sanding paper (40, 80, 120, 240, 320)
- Small brush
- 6mm MDF 210 x 600 mm
- Epoxy glue
- M6 metric thread
- 2 flat washers
- 2 M6 Nuts
- 7 mm hollow metal tube
- Hobby glue
Step 2: Cutting Shape
- Print the template 2 times on A4 printing paper.
- Glue the templates onto the MDF with the hobby glue.
- Saw a rough shape with the jigsaw out and saw then on the black lines of the template.
- Drill two holes on the + mark, start with a small drill bit and drill then a hole with the 9 mm drill bit.
Step 3: Sanding
- Use files for places you couldn’t saw with the jigsaw. Then use the sandpaper for the finishing.
- Use first the rough sandpaper to finish off with the soft sandpaper.
Step 4: The Hinge
- Cut a 22 mm metric thread with the Dremel (1).
- Cut a 12 mm hollow metal tube with the Dremel (2).
Step 5: Assembly
- Prepare the epoxy glue, follow for this the instructions on the package of your epoxy glue.
- Using a small brush, apply glue on the inside of the nut and on the metric thread, screw them together.
- Wait until the glue has dried.
- Assemble the coat hanger.
- Apply on the other side of the coat hanger glue on the metric thread and on the second nut.
Wait until the glue has dried and now you have a working flatpack coat hanger.
Step 6: Usage
guyzo35 made it!