Introduction: Flight Simulator Tutorial
This FSX tutorial should teach you how to use FSX and the PMDG 777 properly.
Step 1: Preparing the Plane for Takeoff:
- Turn on the battery
- Turn on the fuel pumps
- Turn on the Hydraulics
- Flight Information System:
- Enter your position (Gate; Airport) and you destination
- Enter which runway you will take off from and land on
- Enter your weights (fuel; passengers; cargo) from this you will calculate the speeds for takeoff (V1, V2, Rotate); This also includes the thrust and flaps.
- Enter basic route data: (Altitude; Flight Number; co route); press the button legs to enter you data for your flight legs.
- Turn on the APU
- Turn on position lights
- Already prepare the autopilot with height, heading, and climbing speed.
Step 2: Pushback
- Contact Washington tower
- Turn on the fuel pumps behind the throttle
- Activate the engine start
- turn APU und auto
- Set flaps to 15
- turn on taxi lights on the upper light panel
Step 3: Rolling to the Runway
- Turn the wheels to the left to check if all rudders work, right, left, up, down
- turn off taxi light
- turn on takeoff lights
Step 4: Takeoff
- Turn off Taxi light
- Turn on takeoff lights
- (In Case of stormy weather also turn on the storm lights)
- Push the throttle forwards and takeoff; when in the air push the gear switch up to take in the gear.
Step 5: Rising
- Turn off the takeoff lights and all gear lights.
- Turn on the programmed autopilot
- turn off the wing/ engine lights
Step 6: Approach
- Contact approach; Munich airport tower
- Turn your auto pilot on the height giving by the tower, and initiate the sinking
- turn you heading towards the airport
- about 10-20 miles, when the airport is in sight, you turn off the auto pilot
- Set flaps down 2 stages at a time to slow down the plane
- Gear down when you are 4000 feet above the ground
- Turn on the landing lights at the light panel above the window
- Full flaps when you are at 3000 feet above the ground
Step 7: Landing and Rolling Off the Runway
- Have a speed of about 150 km/h
- As you touch down activate reverse thrust and spoilers (located behind the throttle and to the left of the throttle)
- As you roll from the runway, deactivate the spoilers again and put flaps to 0.
- Turn off the landing lights
- contact ground control for instructions for taxi to gate
Step 8: Shutdown
- As you pulled into the gate, turn off the engines first by pulling back the switches behind the throttle
- Turn off the Fuel pumps at the upper panels and deactivate the hydraulics
- Lastly, turn off the battery, now the plane is completely shut down