This past Christmas, my mom told me not to put up our plastic Christmas tree. It was just too much work to set up and clean up after. So, I had a better idea.
Step 1: Materials
-A roll of fishing wire
-A broom (to sweep up the glass ornaments you drop and break)
Step 2: Instructions
1. Cut cardboard into a large circle (the circumference of the size of tree you want) and poke holes in random spots in the cardboard.
2. Cut desired length of fishing wire and stick through holes. Secure with lots of tape.
3. On the bottom end, loop an ornament through and tie a knot.
4. Cut excess string sticking out of the knot.
5. Repeat until the ornaments resemble a tree outline. Remember to hang the ones in the middle higher up and the ones along the edge lower.
6. Hang up to your ceiling somehow. (I used rope.)
7. Stand back and admire. Take pictures and brag :)
Lastly, place presents under it! :D