Introduction: Floor Lamp Shade
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Requirements
For this project we need:
- plywood ( 5mm and 8mm thicknees)
- wood glue.
- wood varnish.
- Warm white light bulb.
- light cord.
- a CNC machine.
- a hammer and couple of nails.
Step 2: 2D Design
For the design we made it really simple. So, it's basically 8 legs (height=1m) and two circular bases ( diameter = 28cm) the upper one will hold the light.
- we made marks around the two circles so we can attach the legs evenly.
- we cut the legs on the 5mm plywood so it can be easy to bend.
- the original design is attached with this step.
Step 3: Assembly
Once you finish cutting all the parts align each leg and nail it to the base. You will need another hand with this step.
Do the same process until you attach all the legs.
- note: make sure to install the light bulb before you finish attaching the legs.
- you might want to use wood glue to hold the legs better.
Step 4: Finishing
Now it's up to you to make your own touches.
you can use wood varnish to make the color of the wood more vibrant. Also, using nautical rope will make it look awesome.
That's it. I hope you like it :)
Participated in the
Make it Glow Contest 2016