Are you looking to make something fun for your kids or yourself this is the traditional fidget spinner
Step 1: You Will Need the Following
- Piece of wood
- Some paint
- Brush flat 2no.
Step 2: How to Give the Shape
- Insert the wooden piece into the jaw of the lathe
- Turn on the lathe (Ensure: That the wooden piece is free floating in the jaw and isn't touch any other thing.)
- And ready your chisel. Keep in mind that you have to shape the piece as an EGG.
- Once you have attained the said shape, ten using the sand paper, start smoothening the wood from 60 grit to 600 grit.
Step 3: Finalizing the Top
- After sanding, whilst you are happy with the shape and finish of the wood; use a sponge and remaining saw dust.
- Then using a number 2 flat brush, start painting rings while it's on the lathe.
- Do so till you are happy with the colour. (Suggestion:Use Acrylic colours because it dries quickly and it retains the shine of the colour.)
- After painting slowly remove the piece with a parting tool.
Step 4: Play and Go Wild
Participated in the
First Time Author