Introduction: Florida Key Lime Pie
In the spirit of pi day I decided to upload a pie of my own. This is an easy and delicious pie that my mom taught me how to make.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
• A 14 ounce can of sweet and condensed milk
• Four egg yolks
• Four ounces of lime juice
• One graham cracker pie shell
• One can of whipped cream
Step 2: Preparation
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
2.Mix together sweet and condensed milk and egg yolks until well incorporated
3.Slowly mix in the lime juice ( do not mix in with plain egg or egg will chemically cook)
4.Pour contents into pie shell
5.Turn off oven and place pie in oven for a total of 15 minutes (This is to get rid of the eggy taste)
6. let the pie thoroughly cool off before placing in the refrigerator
7. Keep in refrigerator until cool and set
8. Serve chilled with whipped cream
Participated in the
Serious Eats Pi Day Pie Contest