Introduction: Flower Vase in Magazine Paper
Here is a great looking flower vase made of magazine papers and package boxes
No buying required for making this flower vase. All we need is papers and a pieces of thick card boards
Once we are practiced with one or two vases. We can start trying different shapes of the same
Let's see the step by step instruction of the making
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
Package card boards
Knife / Scissors
Step 2: Pillar Sticks
Pillar sticks are the vertical sticks which will support the horizontal winding of the paper rolls
- Wind the paper as close as possible to make a thick stick and glue at the tip of the paper
- Make 26 such sticks
- Combine 2 sticks into 1 by inserting one into another and glue the same
- Now you have 13 pillar sticks
Step 3: Base and Skeleton for the Vase
- Cut a thick cardboard into a round shape of diameter ~10cm. Make 2 such pieces
- If you have any round shaped lids of approximate diameter, use that for cutting the cardboard elegantly
- Keep the pillar sticks over one of the bases in equal gaps
- Glue the sticks with the base and glue the other board over the sticks
- Keep some weight over the base for some time, so that the sticks and the base boards will be stick tighter
Important: The count of sticks should always be in odd numbers. Otherwise winding the paper rolls will not be alternative
Step 4: Paper Rolls and Winding - 1
- Roll the papers as we did for pillars, but this time the roll should be loose enough to bend them freely
- Glue the rolls at the tip
- Make 40+ such rolls
- Take the skeleton of the vase and bend the pillars upwards. Keep some cone shaped structure inside the skeleton and tie the pillar sticks at the top. This is to stay in a shape while winding the paper rolls. I have made a thin package board into a cone and taped at the end
- Now we can wind the paper rolls in the skeleton. Take a paper roll, apply glue at one end and stick it with the base, start winding the paper roll over the skeleton, so that the paper roll should go inside and outside the skeleton alternatively
- When approximately 5cm of the roll is remaining, glue and insert next paper roll into the winding paper roll and continue winding
Step 5: Winding - 2
- When half the pillar sticks are covered, remove the cone structure from the skeleton
- Bend the sticks at the points where the winding is completed.Tie them together at the end.
Now continue winding the paper rolls. Now the structure will go in inverted cone shape.
Now bend and insert the remaining pillar sticks into the winding, one at the outer side and the next one at inner side of the vase. The pillar should be bent outside if the winded paper roll is outside the pillar and vise versa. Apply some glue
- When the pillar sticks are almost 7cm remaining, stop winding and glue the end of the paper roll and stick inside the vase
Step 6: Flower Vase Is Ready Now
Apply spray paint if you would like it colorful.
Vote this post if you like it!!!