It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's a foam balloon hovercraft! In this instructable i'm gonna teach you how to make a hovercraft, quick and cheap.
Step 1: The Stuff Ya'll Are Gonna Need.
Ok here's the list (it's all cheap stuff pretty much just laying around the house just screaming, "pick me up and make me into a foam hovercraft) :
1. a 16oz Ajax soap bottle (might clean it out or you'll be blowin' bubbles the whole time)
2. a 8'' by 6'' by 1''ish piece of foam (we used minicell foam but you might something better)
3. a hot glue gun
4. a Sharpie
5. a razor blade (we ended up using something a little more heavy duty, lol)
6. and a balloon (doesn't necessarily have to be green)
7. and something to cut the foam like: bandsaw, hack saw, scroll saw, saber saw, chainsaw!
and thats all your gonna need!
Step 2: Cut the Soap Bottle
Alright now ya gotta cut the soap bottle like in the picture, and we trimmed off a bit of the lid. It made inflating the balloon a whole lot easier! So trim both parts of the bottle then on to step three.
Step 3: Mark the Foam
Next mark the shape of the hovercraft on the foam in the shape you want it. Once you have your shape marked out, press the cut out ajax lid into the foam, marking the impression it made. Then use the razor blade to carve the foam out about a half an inch, in the foam you just cut out cut a hole about 3/4 inch in diameter. Once your through with that go cut out the main shape of the hovercraft. Now on to the next step.
Step 4: Glue the Ajax Lid
Now glue the ajax soap bottle you cut earlier to the frame of the hovercraft. Make sure that it is glued sturdily in place.
Step 5: Making the Balloon Support
Now you are going to make a support to hold the balloon up. Get the leftover part of the Ajax bottle and cut it as the picture shows.
Step 6: Finished!
Your finished now! I put some pictures up to help you set it up.