- Immersion blender
- Digital kitchen scale
- Mason jar big enough for the blender
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper (about 1/4 tsp each)
- Soy lecithin granules ~1 gram
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: How to Put It All Together.
- First put your jar on the kitchen scale and zero it out.
- Add the orange juice, the vinegar, salt and pepper. It should weigh about 112 grams.
- You want to add soy lecithin in a ratio of 1:100 at the most, so you'll need 0.5-1g. Keep adding granules until the scale reads 113 grams.
- Using your immersion blender, mix these ingredients until the lecithin is dissolved and everything is mixed. The blender will introduce air so you'll start getting a creamy look right away.
- Take the olive oil in one hand and the blender in the other hand. Very slowly, drizzle in the olive oil while blending. Keep blending until everything is well incorporated and becomes foamy.
The soy lecithin stabilizes this emulsion so it should stay mixed for a long time. Enjoy!
Participated in the