Introduction: Foldable MacBook/Ipad Stand
A simple and foldable MacBook stand(note: only tested with MacBook, for different laptop it might need adjusments) that also can be used as an Ipad stand.
The Design is inspired by combining 2 different design made by:
So i combined these two design so i the design would fit my needs. And i added extra support for the stand which not only makes it more stable and stronger but add height which i prefer.
The material is used is: Plywood - 3mm thickness.
In the image you can see the design made in illustrator. The original .ai file is also provided.
Step 1: Modification
To the 2 orginal design are made some changes by me. The first change is that i added the extra support. This is added on the right of the drawning. I also added the original phone holder design and enlarged this so it would hold a Ipad.
So it's quite simple the change that are made and so is would be easy for you to change them to.
Step 2: Step 1 - File
1. Download the .ai file or .pdf file to edit/modify file to personal size + design
2. Load design into computer attached to laser cutter.
Step 3: Step 2 - Laser Cutter
3. Set up laser cutter to cut file
Settings: material, thickness material
4. Remove all the unwanted scraps of wood from the fold and the ventilation holes
Step 4: Step 3 - Fold
5. Slide the large piece of wood(support piece) to the longer indent to allow the whole piece inserted into the slot
6. Lock the support beam by sliding the small piece of wood the other way around
7. Fold the piece of wood in half (along the binding/fold)
8. Secure the fold by inserting the other piece of wood into the slots
9. Slide the small piece of wood to the longer indent to allow the whole piece inserted into the slot
10. Lock the fold by sliding the small piece of wood the other way around
Step 5: Enjoy
Now you're done, so enjoy!!