Introduction: (Foldable) Wall Mounted Standing Desk
I wanted to create a standing desk for myself, but I wanted to be able to put it away when not in use. (Yes, even less footprint than a regular standing desk)
I chose to use an IKEA LACK side table for it is light; cheap and easily replaced if I end up breaking it at any point.
Step 1: The List!
Prerequisite MATERIALS (around 25 dollars):
1. IKEA LACK table, $9.99. (1)
2. Wall anchors, 25 lbs capacity. (2)
3. Ball chain, OR thin rope, OR steel wire, than can hold 25 lbs. (your choice, 12 ft.)
4. Eye bolt, with nut, ~6mm. (4)
5. (OPTIONAL) extra nuts to fit the eye bolts (4-6)
6. washers, to fit the eye bolts, top and bottom. (8)
7. Ferrules, aluminum, to hold steel wire or ball chains. (6-8, you will break some)
1. Power drill and screwdrivers.
2. Strong, and I mean STRONG robo-grips, hydraulic grips, etc.
3. Knife, box cutter, scissors.
4. Pencil, marker.
6. Long ruler, or some other applicable implement.
7. Stud finder (MANDATORY)
8. Glue, such as superglue, gorilla glue, etc.
Step 2: Drill, Assemble!
Firstly, remove any art or obstacles on the wall you'll use, then drill!
Drill the table at the back end and about 3/4th of the way from the wall edge.
(So you leave space for your hands later (when you use the desk))
Insert drywall anchors, eye bolts, measure steel wire, clamp ferrules.
Use the level to ensure level surface, use the pencil to mark everything.
Step 3: It's Great!
Use your desk to draw, use your laptop, read, etc.