Introduction: Foods of Skyrim: Tomato Soup
Tomato soup with a Skyrim twist. Follows closely to the recipe in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. A great remedy to cold nights in Whiterun or Solitude.
2 large Leeks (3 small)
1 TB Butter
2 cups Broth of Vegetables
1 pound Tomatoes (pureed)
1 TB Garlic
1/4 tsp from Salt Pile
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Black Pepper
Info on Skyrim's tomato soup: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Tomato_Soup
Restores 10 HP and 10 stamina!
Step 1: Preparing the Leeks
The Skyrim recipes includes leeks. They are from the onion family and give a subtle flavor to the soup.
1. Cut the beard and leafy stalks off of the leeks.
2. Cut into the leeks lengthwise, splitting them but not cutting them in half. Throughly wash the inside of the leeks in cold water, as they can collect dirt.
3. Dice the leeks after washing.
Step 2: Making the Soup
1. Melt the butter in a large stock pot. Add the leeks and saute for 15 minutes. Add in the basil and garlic and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
2. Add in the vegetable stock and tomato puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
Participated in the
Game.Life 3 Contest