Hi there! *Full recipes and instructions listed below*
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!!
Here I want to share 4 delicious St. Patrick’s Day treats you can make for your family and friends!
Full recipes and instructions are down below!
Remember to be crafty with your giving!
Thanks for watching, Danrie from Craft of Giving xxx
Find me on social media:
If you make any of these delicious treats, please use the hashtag #craftofgiving so that I can see your creations too! ______________________________________________________________
Lime Cheesecake Slice
1 packet of Lattice Biscuits (Get 2 if you are planning on using a bigger tin, and double the Cream cheese filling) 250g Cream Cheese
½ Cup Caster Sugar
Juice of one Lime
3 Teaspoons Gelatin Powder
Green Food Colouring (Optional)
¼ Cup warm Water
1. Dissolve gelatin in warm water and allow to cool a little.
2. Beat together cream cheese and caster sugar until well combined.
3. Add in remaining ingredients except food colouring and beat well.
4. Place Lattice biscuits in the base of a square or small slice tin, sugary side facing down. Cut some biscuits if you have gaps on the sides. Use a serrated knife and cut slowly without too much pressure to avoid breaking the biscuit. 5. Add cream cheese mixture on top of Lattice Biscuits and top with more biscuits on top, with the sugary side facing up.
6. Refrigerate until firm and slice into pieces.
Leprechaun Jacket Strawberries:
Fresh large strawberries, cleaned and dried
Green Candy Melts
Golden sugar balls
1. Melt white Chocolate in microwave safe bowl, at 50% power at 30 second intervals until Chocolate is melted. Stirring in between each addition.
2. Melt Candy Melts according to package directions.
3. Dip half of the strawberry in White Chocolate and allow to set in fridge for a few minutes to harden.
4. Then dip the strawberry at an angle on both sides of the white to create a “V” shape leaving some white showing, as well as covering the complete back side of the strawberry.
5. Allow to set for a few minutes.
6. Place some melted Green Candy melts into a zip lock bag and cut a very small corner off the corner and pipe on a tiny bow tie in the middle top side of the “V”. Add some sugar balls as buttons.
Clover “Glass window” and Clover M&M’s Biscuits
170g Plain Flour
75g unsalted Butter
1 Egg White
Green Hard Boiled Candy
Method FOR Clover “Glass window” biscuits:
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F/Gas Mark 4). Grease and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, add flour and then butter. Rub butter into flour with finger tips or use a pastry cutter until the mixture’s consistency slightly resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add in the sugar, egg white and enough water to make a soft dough. Add in one tablespoon of water at a time mixing well in between each addition.
4. Roll out dough in between 2 sheets of baking paper. Cut out your desired biscuit shapes and then using a clover cookie cutter cut out the centers of each biscuit. If you do not have a clover cookie cutter, you can improvise like I did. 5. Place biscuits onto a prepared baking tray and bake in oven for 4 minutes.
6. Quickly crush the boiled candy inside a zip lock bag and a meat tenderiser or rolling pin.
7. Remove biscuits from oven and place the crushed boiled candy inside each center. Make sure the surface of the biscuit is clear of crushed candy.
8. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cookie turns golden brown and the crushed candy has melted.
9. Remove from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool on the tray before removing the biscuits.
Method Clover M&M’s Biscuits:
1. Repeat steps 1 to 3 as listed above.
2. Roll out dough in between 2 sheets of baking paper. Cut out your desired biscuit shapes. Add Green M&M’s in a shape of a clover.
3. Bake in 180C (350F/Gas Mark 4) oven for 14 minutes or until biscuits turn golden.
4. Allow to cool on wire rack.