These cookies made with just four ingredients looks and tastes like chocolate cookies. The four ingredients used are White Sesame seeds, Almonds, Brown Sugar made from palm trees and Cow's Ghee. All these four ingredients are gluten free and the cookies are good for all ages
Please see the step by step instructable on how to make the Sesame seed cookies
Step 1: Ingredients
- 50 grams of white Sesame Seeds
- 50 grams of Almonds
- 75 grams of Brown Sugar. The variety I am using here is extracted from Ice apple palm tree
- 50 grams of Cow's Ghee (Clarified Butter). We do not require all 50 grams of ghee. We will add spoonful at intervals while cooking
Step 2: Make Sesame Seed Powder
- Using a mixer grinder, make a fine powder of sesame seeds. Do not over do as the sesame seeds will start expel oil from them and taste will change.
- Take out the sesame seed powder from the grinder jar and keep aside
Step 3: Make Almond Powder
- Take almonds in the mixer grinder jar and make a fine powder.
- Transfer the powder from mixer grinder jar to a bowl and keep aside
Step 4: Make Brown Sugar Powder
- Lastly take the Brown Sugar in the mixer grinder jar and make a fine powder.
- Transfer the powder to another bowl and keep aside
In the last picture you can see powdered form of all three ingredients.
Step 5: Preparation Step 1
- Keep a flat bottomed frying pan over low to medium heat
- When the pan is heated, add Sesame powder and Almond powder
- Add 2 teaspoons of ghee and mix well
Step 6: Preparation Step 2
- Once Sesame and Almond powders are mixed together with ghee, add the powdered brown sugar
- Add about a teaspoon of ghee and mix continuously with a ladle
- While mixing add small amount ghee from time to time
- The brown sugar may start to melt, so take care while adding ghee
- Always keep the flame low to medium
Step 7: Preparation Step 3
- Once all ingredients are mixed together and cooked well, ghee will start to ooze out from sides.The color may also become dark like chocolate due to melting of Brown sugar.
- Now put off the flame and immediately transfer the contents to another plate. If you keep the mix in the pan, it will start to burn out as seen in the edges of pan in the first picture
Step 8: Make Cookies
- You have to mould the cookies immediately when the mix is hot. Once the mix starts to cool down it is very difficult to mould to the required shape
- Place a cookie cutter over a piece of parchment paper
- Using a spoon fill the cookie cutter and level it to shape.
- Once the mould is filled, simply lift up the cookie cutter and start to mould others.
- The mix is very hot, so take care. You can not touch the mix with bare hands as it will burn your fingers
- Transfer the cookies from the parchment paper to another plate and serve.
The Sesame seed cookies taste same as chocolate cookies. Enjoy with your kids as an evening snack