What You Need:
1. Pan or griddle to cook your pancakes on and spatula to flip.
2. Pancake Batter (I used Kodiak Cake Mix)
3. A teaspoon of expresso (Depending on the size of the pancake and how much expresso you like, use a smaller unit of measurement).
4. The flavor of frappuccino you like (I used Pumpkin Spice dry spice blend to give it the flavor). You could also use chocolate etc.
5. Serve with whipped cream or the foam from steamed milk.
1. Make your batter
2. Use a ladle to pour the mix on to the pan or griddle
3. (This is the tricky part) Quickly without spilling pour a little bit of coffee onto the batter side and then
(optional?) put your flavor of frappuccino on with the coffee.
4. When the pancake looks ready then flip.
5. When done take the pancake to put on a plate.
6. Dress the pancake up with whipped cream or foam from steamed milk and a tiny bit of the flavor.
Step 1: The Griddle or Pan
Use whatever griddle or pan you have to make the pancakes, but we used a cast iron griddle. Preheat griddle to medium low to cook the pancakes. You don't want your burner on too high because it means you have less time to put the coffee and pumpkin spice on. Also if the burner is too hot it could burn the expresso and pumpkin spice. If you don't want a spill on what your cooking with then use a different pan because this dish is a guaranteed spill. Make sure you rub olive oil on to the pan before you cook to prevent batter from sticking.
Step 2: Pancake Batter
This is going to be a short slide because many people like different recipes. We used Kodiak cakes which you can find at Costco or online at http://www.kodiakcakes.com/ . You can also use butter milk pancakes, here is a recipe you can use at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24530/buttermilk-pancakes-ii/.
Step 3: The Expresso
The expresso isn't anything special just straight and black. We made ours out of a Starbucks Barista machine. It doesn't really matter where you get the coffee as long as you have the coffee.
Step 4: Frappuccino Flavor
Some people don't like any flavoring with there Frappuchino but, everytime I go to starbucks I have to get the Pumpkin Spice one. It is better if you find a flavor at Starbucks that works in a pancake. The flavors that work the best are chocolate and pumpkin spice. For chocolate you use chocolate chips and for pumpkin spice you use Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pie Spice.
Step 5: Enjoy
After adding the pumpkin spice and expresso to the top of the pancake after pouring the batter on the griddle. Flip the pancake after you see big bubbles on top flip the pancake. After about 2-3 minutes take the pancake off the pan or griddle to put on a plate. Then put whipped cream on top with your flavor (I sprinkled pumpkin spice on mine) then, Enjoy!