How to increase the volume of your freezer to 1000l?
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Whit a Buget of 100 $, I Incresed the Volume of a Vertical Freezer From 250 L to 1000 L by Making a Huge Polystyren Box Around.
Freezing is probably the world's best food preservation tehnic
- I dismounted the door
- I left free only the backside, where the radiator is
- On other sides I put 20 cm polystyren
- I made a huge horizontal polystyren box with 20 cm all walls
- I used standard adhesive for polystyren
- Finaly, became like a horizontal freezer, with a polystyren door on the upper side
- I put a plastic foil inside, as well
- It worked one yerar and with - 17 C inside.
- It consumed 25% more power than before
- Sometimes it had to be defrosted.
- Freezed fruits and vegetables has to be vacuum seald to keep their flavour