Introduction: Fresh Tomato Salsa
Who doesn’t like an easy delicious snack? I know I do! This salsa recipe pairs great with tortilla chips for a healthy treat. Enjoy!
- 4 c. chopped peeled fresh tomatoes
- I use Roma tomatoes but you can use any kind
- ¼ c. finely chopped onion
- I use a white onion but you can use yellow or red instead if you prefer
- 1 to 4 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 T. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 T. vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
(make sure to wash all veggies before cutting them)
- Big bowl (4.0 L bowl works perfect)
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Spoon for mixing
- Garlic press (optional)
- I use a garlic press to mince the garlic, but you can also use a knife or fork
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.