Intro: Fresh Veggie Tart
If you're on a healthy eating path, fresh veggies have a regular appearance in your daily routine. With this recipe you can mix it up and serve your salad in the form of a savory tart!
This tart is filled with simply fresh and juicy tomato slices stacked on a mixture of colorful veggies like chickpeas, onions, bell peppers, cucumbers, cilantro and mint. Healthy, cute, and creative!
If you like my instructables, please vote for it in the Raw Food Contest.
Step 1: Ingredients
To prepare this veggie tart you will need:
- 1 tomato
- ½ bell pepper (I have used yellow bell peppers)
- ½ cucumber
- Equal quantity of chickpeas
- ½ white onion
- A wedge of lemon
- Some cilantro leaves
- Some mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
Step 2: Chop and Mix Veggies
- Cut a tomato into two equal halves.
- Thinly slice one half of the tomato and chop the other half into small pieces.
- Finely chop the onion, cucumber, bell pepper and cilantro.
- Mix all the chopped veggies and chickpeas in a small bowl/glass.
- Add 1 tsp. vinegar, salt to taste and squeeze a lemon wedge into the veggies and mix it well.
Once you have mixed all the veggies in a glass, place a plate above the glass and holding them firmly together flip them upside down as shown in the picture. Gently lift up the glass from the plate to form a nice round shape of the veggies in the center of the plate.
Step 3: Garnish and Serve !
After setting the veggies in the center of the plate, place the thinly sliced tomatoes over it and garnish it with some fresh mint and cilantro leaves.
Enjoy this fresh and tasty Veggie Tart !
Grand Prize in the
Raw Food Contest