Quick & easy homemade fried pies that burst with apple jam.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make the Dough
- Mix 250 ml of sour cream (or yogurt) and one egg.
- Sift 500 grams of flour, 10 grams of baking powder (or 5 grams of baking soda), and ⅓ teaspoon of salt into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mixing on low speed, add the yogurt-egg mixture. Mix for a minute, add 50 grams of melted butter and mix just until incorporated.
- Finish kneading the dough by hand, gather into a round and set aside for 5 minutes. Roll the dough 3 mm thick, and cut into 12 cm in diameter circles.
Step 2: Assemble & Fry the Apple Pies
- Place 2 teaspoons of homemade apple jam in the middle of each circle of dough, and pinch the edges tight.
- Fry the apple pies until golden brown on both sides, seam side down first.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb the extra oil.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve these delicious fried apple pies hot or warm.
Visit videoculinary.com for more recipes