Introduction: Fried Banana Fritters - Tasty Evening Snack !
Make a quick & tasty evening snack with this unstoppably yummy Banana fritter recipe ! ..
You will absolutely love this ! ... Bon Appetit:)
Ingredients: ( for Fried Banana Fritters ....... Serves 4 – 5 )
1 Cup – All purpose flour / plain flour / maida
1/4 Cup – Rice flour ( or 1 Tbsp of corn starch / corn flour )
1 egg – (If you are vegan, you can skip the egg and add 1/4 tsp baking powder)
2 ripe banana’s ( super-ripe is the best )
1/2 Cup – Coconut shreds
1/4 Cup – Cashews ( chopped ) / ( you will need roasted cashews – not raw )
2 Tbsp – Sugar
a pinch of – Cardamom powder ( or cinnamon powder )
1/4 tsp – Salt
Water – as needed to make a thick banana fritter batter
Step 1: Make the Banana Fritter Batter :
Step 1) Make the banana fritter batter :
- Into a bowl, add the all purspose flour and rice flour ( or cornstarch )
- Add the salt, sugar and mix with a spoon
- Make a well in the centre and add 1 egg and mix well .. ( if you do not eat egg, substitiute with 1/4 tsp baking powder )
- Pour some water and mix to make a very-thick batter.
( note : add little water at a time and make a thick batter )
- Mash 2 banana’s with a fork and add into the batter bowl and mix ..
- Add the coconut shreds and mix for 10 seconds..
- Add the cashew pieces and mix..
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder ( or cinnamon powder ) and mix well..
note: the batter should be very thick ( If you think it is light, add some flour to make it thick )
Step 2: Heat Oil for Frying
Step 2) Heat enough oil for deep frying
Step 3: Start Frying
Step 3) Once the oil is hot ( test with a small drop of batter – if it sizzles and rises up – the oil is ready ), reduce the heat to medium. Pour 2 Tbsp of batter in hot oil ( fry 4 – 5 at a time ).
Step 4: Flip & Fry Other Side
Step 4) Once the bottom-side is golden brown, flip and fry the other side until golden..
Step 5: Take Out
Step 5) When both the sides are beautifully browned, take out to a kitchen tissue..
Step 6: Repeat
Step 6) Repeat with rest of the batter .. your banana fritters are ready !
Enjoy :) .. Please try and share your feedback :)
Saovine made it!