Intro: Fried Pickles
When I first heard about fried pickles I thought they would be gross. Boy was I wrong! Oh yeah don't forget the ranch
Step 1: Ingredients
Hamburger cut Dill Pickles - any kind will do those are just my favorite.
(optional) House Autry breader - it doesnt have to be the seafood breader so try whatever.
vegetable or peanut oil
Herbs and Spices - These are some of the ingredients my dad uses when he fries food and his food always turns out great.
Salt and Black Pepper
Onion Powder - You could use onion salt but if you do I'd recommend not using salt
Cayenne Red Pepper
(Optional) Red pepper flakes or mustard powder if you want spicy pickles
Step 2: Preparation
1. get two containers
2. In one container combine 1.5 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
* wet the tip of your finger and dip it in the mixture. If it doesn't taste to good add more spices. I would recommend adding more onion and garlic powder before adding more cayenne or black pepper.
3. In the other container add one egg, 1/2 cup of flour and about a cup of pickle juice.
4. cover a plate with some paper towels so you can have a place to put the cooked pickles
Step 3: Pickle Preparation
Important: Its best to have all of your items prepared before you start frying.
1. dip pickle in wet mix
2. drop and flip the pickle in the dry mix
Protip: Switch hands when moving between dry and wet containers or you'll end up with coated fingers.
3. Put the pickles that are ready to be fried together.
Step 4: Pan Frying
I dont have a deep fryer so I use a skillet and flip the pickles once the edges are starting to brown. Not all stoves heat the same but medium heat is a safe place to keep the dial. If the pickles don't sound like their cooking increase the temperature slightly and then wait a while.
Remove the pickles to the plate to let the oil drain and the pickles cool. Afterwards you could strain and save the oil to fry with later but it will smell like pickles.
Well I hope you enjoyed my first instructable and I hope your pickles were as tasty as mine.