A cheap, filling, and ready in about 30 minutes. Served as a side or by itself, its a good dish even as a leftover or taken to work for lunch.
Step 1: Ingredients
1teaspoon sesame seed oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup Hoisin Garlic Sauce.....by SOY VAY
1heaping teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups white rice
1 cup peas (cooked)
1 cup carrots (chopped and cooked)
1 cup onion (chopped)
2 extra large eggs (3 small)
Step 2: Cooking Rice
1. Bring the fallowing to a fast boil:
4 cups of water
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic
2. Add rice and stir.
3. Place on a heavy lid (I use a plate).
4. Reduce heat to low or simmer and cook 20-25 minutes.
5. Fluff when done.
Step 3: Preparation
1. Add the fallowing to a small dish or cup and mix:
1/3 cup Hoisin Sauce
1/8 cup or a couple tablespoons of water *you just want to thin the sauce a bit*
2. Add your eggs to a similar dish and beat.
*These items will be added while you fry up the rice*
Step 4: Oil and Onion
1. Get pan ready to medium to high or 350.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of oil.
3. When oil is hot, add onions.
4. Cook till some of the smaller onions start to brown.
Step 5: Rice to Pan
1. Add rice.
2. Mix in oil and onion completely.
3. Cook 3 minutes as you stir.
Step 6: Vegetables
1. Add in vegetables.
2. Cook until peas and carrots are hot.
3. Turn down heat to medium or 300.
Step 7: Eggs
1. Push contents of pan to one side.
2. Pour in beaten eggs and cook.
3. Mince eggs when finished.
Step 8: Mix in Eggs
Mix in minced up eggs thoroughly.
Step 9: Hoisin Sauce
1. Pour in prepared sauce evenly around pan.
2. Mix in thoroughly while cooking 2 minutes.