My brother and I were at Williams College waiting for our sister's soccer clinic to end. We were on our way up to Maine for vacation and we had our cameras with us. We found some soccer nets, and we also found a frisbee on the ground.
We invented frisbee shootout.
Step 1: Number of Players
The minimum number of players that you need is two. My directions are for two people, and if you want to add more people; that is up to you to improvise.
Improvisation is the essence of inventing a sport.
Step 2: Objects Needed for Play
- Soccer net
Step 3: Rules and Regulations
- One goalkeeper, and one shooter.
- The shooter stands around the penalty marker on the soccer field. If there is no penalty marker, then choose a spot where the goalkeeper feels it is fair for you to shoot from.
- The shooter has ten shots to try and score the frisbee in the net.
- The goalkeeper has ten attempts to save the frisbee shot.
- The shooter can move left and right, but cannot pass the designated marker.
- When the frisbee goes in to the net, the shooter gets a point. The shooter must take track of how many out of 10 he/she has gotten in to the net. For example you can count: ( goals for tries- 1for1, 1fo2, 2for3, 3for4 and so on.)
- If the frisbee shot goes over the net, that counts as a miss.
- Once the shooter has shot 10 times, the goalkeeper and the shooter switch.
- The once goalkeeper is now the shooter and now the process starts over again.
- If the new shooter gets more in, he/she is the winner. If the new shooter gets less in, the first shooter is the winner.
- My brother and I settled a tie by a 5-shot challenge.
- You can settle it any other way that you choose.
Step 4: Tips
- Stand in the middle of the net.
- Rotate yourself on an axis according to the direction the shooter is moving.
- Try to cut off any angles the shooter may attempt to shoot at.
- Don't be afraid to get dirty. I was wearing my Sunday's best. It is now green with grass stains.
- Step with the hand you are throwing with.
- Aim for the corners. The corners are the hardest area for the goalkeeper to get to.
- Accuracy over speed. An accurate shot is better than once the is speeding fast at the goalkeeper.
- Keep moving to try and get the goalkeeper out of position for your shot.
Step 5: Action
First Prize in the
Horny Toad Invent-a-Sport Contest