Do you have an in ground pool, and keep having to save poor frogs from drowning in the skimmer? It's bad for the frogs and the pool! So I decided to make a life raft for the frogs that get trapped in my pool. This is my first instructable. Hope you like it!
Step 1: Materials and Tools
This is a pretty simple design, just a > $1 pool noodle and a few bamboo skewers. I used a box cutter to cut the noodles down.
Step 2: Cut Pieces
1. First cut the noodle to the width of dock you want, I did about 7". I cut two pieces the same length.
2. Then cut each dock piece down the length on one side all the way through. DON'T CUT THE OTHER SIDE YET.
3. Score the other side (not all the way through) so that you can lay the noodle flat in halves.
4. Next cut the ramp. Same idea, cut one 7 inch noodle, but this time cut it in half length wise.
Step 3: Assembly
Now to put it all together.
1. Take two bamboo skewers and with the dock noodle pieces lying flat, run a skewer all the way through each side (If they run a little long cut off the points after assembly so you don't make a frog kabob)
2. I scored the ramp on the bottom in the middle to get it to lay a little flatter, the took two skewers and ran them all the way through so that the pointy parts were sticking out the bottom.
3. I then stuck the deck side piece onto the top of the ramp piece ( leave some on the skewers sticking out of thr ramp to do this)
4. Then just stick the ramp to the dock and bam, you just saved some frogs!